SGM7A Rotary Servo Motor
50W – 7kW, Low Inertia
The general-purpose workhorse of the Sigma-7 line, SGM7A is available in a wide range of sizes and covers the capacity spectrum from low to medium power. Each of these brushless rotary servo motors is capable of producing a high rate of power at extremely low levels of inertia. SGM7A servos are also designed to deliver high torque performance when an application requires it. 24-bit encoder resolution maintains industry-leading positional accuracy across the power spectrum.
Specifications & Features
- 24-bit encoder resolution for superior accuracy
- More compact than other motors with similar ratings, for a better fit in tight spaces
- Completely compatible with Sigma-5 servos
- Neodymium iron boron permanent magnets with a high flux density reduce rotor size
- Advanced magnetic circuitry and optimum winding geometry deliver very low cogging torque
- Safety rated at SIL 3 (IEC 61508)
- IP67 rated for resistance to dust, water washdown
- Functions in temperatures above 60oC, altitudes above 2000 ft.
- Runs 20% cooler than previous generation products
- Holding Brake and Shaft Seal options available