50W – 1.5kW, Medium Inertia
The SGM7J was designed to maximize responsiveness in applications where precise load matching is of critical importance. This family of medium inertia rotary servo motors was created with low capacity applications in mind, yet can respond with rated speeds to 3000 rpm and torque ratings up to 2.39 N-m (21 in-lb) when an application requires it. 24-bit encoder resolution maintains industry-leading positional accuracy in any operating condition.
Specifications & Features
- 24-bit encoder resolution
- More compact than other motors with similar ratings, for a better fit in tight spaces
- Completely compatible with Sigma-5 servos
- Neodymium iron boron permanent magnets with a high flux density reduce rotor size
- Advanced magnetic circuitry and optimum winding geometry deliver very low cogging torque
- Safety rated at SIL 3 (IEC 61508)
- IP67 rated for resistance to dust, water washdown
- Functions in temperatures above 60oC, altitudes above 2000 ft.
- Peak acceleration torque up to 300% of rated torque
- Peak torque can be maintained for up to three seconds
- Rated speed of 3,000 rpm, max speed of 6,000 rpm
- Runs 20% cooler than previous generation products
- Holding Brake and Shaft Seal options available