AC VARIABLE FREQUENCY DRIVES, KW RATED – AC690+ SERIES
The AC690+ is designed to meet the requirements of all variable speed drive applications up to 1000kW, from simple single motor speed control through to the most sophisticated integrated multi-drive systems
The AC690+ series is a single range of AC drives designed to meet the requirements of all variable speed applications from simple single motor speed control through to the most sophisticated integrated multi-drive systems. The heart of the AC690+ is a highly advanced 32-bit microprocessor based motor control model. This provides an exceptional dynamic performance platform to which can be added a host of communications and control options, enabling you to tailor the drives to meet your exact requirements. The AC690+ is available in 380-500V 3-phase 0.75 to 1000kW and 220V-240V 0.75 to 55kW.
The AC690+ can be user configured for 3 different modes of operation :
• Open-loop (volts/frequency) control
This mode is ideal for basic motor speed control, or multiple motors driven in parallel. The quick set-up menu and plain language display ensures the quickest and easiest, trouble free start up.
• Sensorless vector control
High starting torque and tight speed regulation is provided by a sophisticated MRAS (Model Reference Adaptive System) motor control strategy. MRAS provides accurate speed simulation (without the need for any speed measuring transducer) by continually modelling the motor.
• Closed-loop vector control
Full closed-loop flux vector performance can be achieved with the AC690+ by simply adding an encoder feedback ‘technology box’. This provides 100% continuous full load standstill torque plus a highly dynamic speed loop (up to 45 Hz bandwidth) ; more than sufficient for the most demanding of applications.
• Pre-programmed application macros
• Open standard fieldbus communications
• Programming identical to DC590+ DC drives
• Mechanical protection options to suit all environments : IP 20 – IP40/NEMA 1 – IP54 – Through panel mounting
• Class B EMC filters
• Energy Saving (fast return on investment in pump and fan applications)
• Supplied in an enclosure for power ratings above 355kW
• Improved HVAC control
The AC690+ series meets the following standards when installed in accordance with the relevant product manual:
• CE Marked to EN50178 (Safety, Low Voltage Directive)
• CE Marked to EN61800-3 (EMC Directive)
• UL listed to US Standard UL508C
• cUL listed to Canadian Standard C22.2 #14
Single Phase Units
– 220-240VAC +/- 10 %, 50-60 Hz +/- 5% (0.37 to 2.2kW)
Three Phase Units
– 220-240VAC +/- 10 %, 50-60 Hz +/- 5% (0.37 to 37 kW)
– 380-460VAC +/- 10 %, 50-60 Hz +/- 5% (0.75 to 1000kW)
– 380-500VAC +/- 10 %, 50-60 Hz +/- 5% (2.2 to 110kW)
0-45°C (Constant torque / 40°C with IP40 cover / derate to 50°C)
Up to 1000m ASL (derate 1% per 100m above 1000m)
IP 20 – IP40/NEMA 1 – IP54
Constant torque rating : 150% for 60 seconds, 180% for 1 second
Variable torque rating (pumps and fans) : 115% for 10 seconds
Frame B = 3, 6 or 9kHz / Frame C, D, E and F = 3 or 6kHz – All with audibly silent switching frequency.
Each drive can be fitted with an internal dynamic brake switch
(Frame B and C : standard / Frame D, E and F : optional)
4 Configurable, 10bits (13 bits with optional system card) / 0-10V, 0-±10V, 0-20mA, 4-20mA
3 Configurable, 10 bits / 0-10V, 0-±10V, 0-20mA, 4-20mA
7 Configurable, nominal 24Vdc (30V dc max)